Center, 2nd Floor
Tel 029-853-6240, 6766
The International Student Center provides consultation services as well as orientation
sessions for international students and their tutors. The Center holds orientation sessions several times a year for new students as well as for tutors.
The Advisory Section runs a consulting room on the 2nd floor of the Center, and provides general counseling and consultation services for all international students in order to help them cope with issues they encounter in their academic and daily life. The section also provides support for tutors and academic advisors in matters related to international students.
students (tokubetsu chokogakusei and tokubetsu kenkyugakusei ) may also seek advice at the Office of Short-Term Exchange Programs. Three faculty members of the office are available for consultation from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office hours and contact information of each of the three faculty members are posted on the office door.
The center helps international students with the following:
- Problems concerning academic matters. Do not hesitate to contact
us for any
- Problems concerning daily life
(visa, people related matters, etc.). Contact us before it becomes
- Financial problems
- Advice on psychological and health problems. The advisory staff
contact with their counterparts in the Health Center, especially
concerning psychological problems.
- In addition to Japanese, advisory
services are available in English, Chinese, and Korean. In the advisory
room, international students can consult advisors in their native
language. The office for short-term exchange programs provides services in
Japanese and English.
- Japanese students (returnee students,
etc.) seeking advice are also welcome. Students planning to study abroad can seek advice at the office for short-term
Faculty members of the Center provide
counseling services in turn from Monday to Friday. The work schedule
of each member is shown on following table.
* You can consult advisors in Japanese, English and Korean.
** Office hours are subject to change.
You can also contact the following
advisory staff in graduate schools for advice concerning problems with
academic matters, including questions about how to fill the application
forms for graduate school entrance examinations, classes you are planning
to take, etc.
- Zhen-ya ZHANG (Prof., Graduate
School of Environmental Sciences)
- Jie LI (Prof., Graduate School of Systems and Information
- Hiromi MIKI (Assoc. Prof., Graduate
School of Comprehensive Humans Sciences)
- Yasufumi UEKITA (Assoc. Prof., Graduate
School of Comprehensive Human Sciences)
- Chihomi SANNAMI (Asst. Prof., Graduate
School of Library Information and Media Studies)
The center holds orientation meetings in order to provide necessary and accurate information for the newly arrived students and their tutors.
- orientation for privately funded international students: April, September and December (in Japanese).
- orientation for Japanese government (Monbukagakusho) scholarship students: April and October (in English)
- arrival orientation for exchange students: held in Japanese and English at the beginning of each trimester (April, September and December)
- orientation for tutors: April and September (briefing sessions for new tutors)